We are a Bay Area digital health company that recently launched the Trak Male Fertility Testing System and mobile app (trakfertility.com). Trak is a consumer tool for men to take charge of their fertility and improve their chances of conception by measuring and tracking sperm count at home. By combining home testing with digital education and engagement tools, Sandstone is pioneering a new approach to consumer healthcare and helping couples take control of their reproductive health.
We are a small, dedicated team who likes to have fun and is passionate about what we do. Our office is energetic, vibrant and creative. We are looking to grow and need a strong developer to help scale our digital products.
We are seeking a versatile developer to lead development of the company’s digital products, grow our software team and help define our digital strategy going forward. Our current products include company’s websites (trakfertility.com, dontcookyourballs.com and sandstonedx.com), a couple of interactive web apps, a consumer facing health mobile app (iOS & Android), several data repositories and firmware for our hardware products. We are a lean team that has done a lot with a little and are looking to scale our software capabilities.
Our ideal candidate is a hands-on developer with strong leadership and communication skills. Must be well rounded and up-to-date with latest advancements in digital/consumer health technologies, mobile app design and development, cloud-based data architectures (front and back end). A basic understanding of health information management and regulatory software compliance is preferred.
• Work with management team to define and prioritize software development goals
• Source and manage team of internal and external developers to meet product development objectives (front-end and back-end).
• Shepherd the design process for UX/UI improvements and develop metrics to monitor user experience and engagement.
• Work with research team to leverage data collected through app and web tools for publication, scientific collaboration, partnerships and product development pipeline.
• Support marketing team with on-going design, development, and maintenance of Sandstone’s websites including optimizing sites for search engine, digital and social media traffic.
• Develop key performance metrics to improve websites’ performance and goals. Deliver reports, dashboards, and processes to provide business insights, monitor web site activity, functionality, user experience and availability on all digital properties.
• Participate in all phases of projects including development, design, testing and production.
• Implement software governance protocols as well as web content management processes and procedures. This includes writing scope documents, managing source code, and developing technical support standards and procedures.Develop policies, standards, practices and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing and to safeguard information resources.
• Monitor web market trends and technology developments to ensure company sites stay current in functionality and performance.
• Manage day to day IT operations
• 4+ years of technical experience working with Web applications, Web design, and enterprise applications.
• Strong knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
• Experience designing and developing in various frameworks, including Android, iOS, Amazon Web Services, WordPress, Shopify
• Have a strong understanding of SEO, including keyword research, link building, online PR, site build and social media
• Exemplary leadership, communication, and strategic business skills
• Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Experience in regulated digital health and/or consumer products is a plus
• Proven resourcefulness and ability to self-manage
• Team player who is a self-starter and able to thrive in fast-paced, results-oriented environment
• BSc/BA in computer science, engineering, or relevant field required
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please describe how your background uniquely fits the software and IT needs of our growing consumer health company, and why you’d like to join our team.